Party commands

Discussion about any new idea

Party commands

Postby Lucid on Wed Apr 25, 2007 11:13 pm

I want to be able to see the exp made from the last 10-20 monsters killed in the party with "party kills."
ex.
Code: Select all
,_________________________________________.
| A large ferrocious death dog: 120000    |
| A large ferrocious death dog: 118800    |
| A golden brown gryphon: 65000           |
| A scorpion: 3500                        |
`-----------------------------------------'
This party has killed 4 monsters. Avg. xp/hr: 45000.

And on "party list", (which should be changed to /who, or better yet "pwho", by the way,) I want to see how much each person has made for their share of the experience.
ex.
Code: Select all
,_Name______Guild_____Level_________Exp_____________.
| Player A --- Guild ----- Level ---- |  2350860    |
| Player B --- Guild ----- Level ---- |   358400    |
`---------------------------------------------------'

Right now, even in a party, the person that gets the death hit most of the time is the one that makes the most experience. Which is relatively shit, and the reason most people do not bother parting, 'cept for convenience.

edit: Fixed display tables. *shrug* Also added another line in this edit.
There are those who see things for what they are, and ask "What if?"
I see things for what they are yet to become, and ask "Why not?"

Vote for TG: http://www.mudconnect.com/mud-bin/vote_rank.cgi?mud=Tharsis+Gate
Lucid
Apprentice

Re: Party commands

Postby Fire on Wed Jul 04, 2007 4:17 pm

I posted something like this a long time ago, along with the ability to remove members from the party and only the removing part was put inplay. So I guess it was turned down. Sad
No signature yet.
Fire
Player

Postby SSDave on Fri Jul 13, 2007 10:51 pm

Sounds like a really good idea. I'd imagine that it might take a little time to code and to edit some of the other code that would relate to exp and party codes. Considering all of the game is code and not image most people like to look at as much statistics as they can about them selfs.

Good Idea Lucid.
SSDave
Player

Postby Salius on Thu Nov 22, 2007 8:26 am

How about some real party commands: make mixed drink, take a shot, and throw out?

How about some nonparty commands: play guitar hero, go to sleep, and go shopping?

:mrgreen:
Salius
Player

Postby Salius on Mon Dec 31, 2007 7:10 pm

How about setting up some new party commands like exp pool. Normal experience would act the same as it has previously but a running total of extra experience would be put in a pool that would be up for grabs by people performing party interactions: thieves stealing gear, druids healing, storms frying. The means of division would have to be looked into with some serious scrutiny, but this would have a lot more grouping potential than being able to see how much exp each party individual has earned in the last few hours.

That being said, our realm needs a lot more group interactions that are not completely based on exp grinding and who can help me gear today. Spawned dungeons and instances could be put in play for group interactions for quest points. Yearly totals of player points (new type of quest points) could be put in play from group interacting instances that could be spent on housing rent and vaults. Maybe even realm specials for having votes on the boards... free cookies or something. We could make crafting cost player points instead of reagents or have a shop for exchanges.

There are hundreds of thousands of EQI, EQII, WoW, and FF addicts that are fighting off their need to play who could easily become Tharsis citizens if we just put in a little content and effort. Imagine if we just converted twenty, we would double our all time high playerbase--it could look like that day almost everybody was multilogging.

:twisted:
Salius
Player

Return to Ideas