Saving EQ & Clans

Discussion about any new idea

Saving EQ & Clans

Postby Lucid on Thu Apr 26, 2007 9:40 pm

I propose that we have a better chance at our equipment surviving within our clans.
Each player in the clan can either share one storage room, or their own.
The clan owner has access to everyone's storage. This is a trust system. Obviously if the owner steals from you, and you don't like that, you can quit that clan.

Things needed in place for a clan to be secure from other players/ clans:
  • A guarded entrace. Possible multiple guards.
  • Chest(s) to hold items.
  • Possibly traps on doors and chests and even just in rooms.
  • Invis key obj for members of the clan.
  • Possible ability to be in more than 1 clan.
  • Infrastructure controlling how these objects and mobs are to be placed.
  • Clan board for discussing anything the clan wishes.
  • Generic rooms with the clan members (of proper access ranks) to be able to edit the long desc. I don't feel that the rooms necessarily need to have to lose their generic/static long descs.
  • Ability to expand the size of the clan (room-wise) and limited by surrounding area. (up/down is always the easiest option (sewers placement being the exception.))
  • Discuss where we can place clans.

And so forth. This idea has been around awhile. Perhaps a regen room, outdoor garden for foraging, etc are also possible.
I think when we keep things in basic generic form with front guards and tightly locked, but not indestructable, chests it will allow the idea to move forward more quickly.

So, in terms of balance.. I was thinking that the chest has a higher chance of saving equipment than say a guild box. It doesn't need to have the donation status to be able to use the chest. There could be a max of 20 saved items in the chest at a high rate of saving. Perhaps something has to be done to make more possible to happen before each boot. Like coin dumping on a spell of restoration or something. Some service that an npc performs even. It could be complicated or simple. But we could start it out like a normal gbox minus donation status to begin with. Still showing the donater.

Basic clan hall: 2 rooms. Entry, and Chest Room:
|
^- guard(s) at front.

Basic upgrade: 5 rooms. Entry, CR, and 3 others. Chest room could be moved to one of the other 3. The further from the entrance the better, because we can have a max of, say, 5 guards per room. Ability to hide a room, but not with impossible to attain access with syntax. Possible store like in guilds, only one you can sell things to that you don't want to store. Light adjustable. Indoor/outdoor adjustable. (Outdoor on ground level being a security risk.)

Any future sizing would have to be done down the road. There's enough on the plate already.

Mob structure: Size, level, wiedling, armoured, special, give 0 xp, aggro (inside to non-members-mob queries player for proper sash), high regen when not-in-combat, potentially drop something (always drop wielded/worn), chat/achats, annoucements made on clan line when the clan is being infiltrated, other properties.

All changes need both Clan Leader and Wizard approval?

Lastly, in the past this went underway, but people didn't bother writing room descs for their clans and it sorted died off. So we could do generic rooms, or ASCII words for the rooms. I think another good feature would to have a rooms that block scry.

Discuss! (And find me the twiki link to the past discussion of this.)
There are those who see things for what they are, and ask "What if?"
I see things for what they are yet to become, and ask "Why not?"

Vote for TG: http://www.mudconnect.com/mud-bin/vote_rank.cgi?mud=Tharsis+Gate
Lucid
Apprentice

Re: Saving EQ & Clans

Postby Lucid on Thu Apr 26, 2007 9:49 pm

Example of an ascii long desc:

Code: Select all
__________.__        __           _________ .__                 
\______   \__| _____/  |_  ______ \_   ___ \|  | _____    ____ 
|     ___/  |/ ___\   __\/  ___/ /    \  \/|  | \__  \  /    \
|    |   |  \  \___|  |  \___ \  \     \___|  |__/ __ \|   |  \
|____|   |__|\___  >__| /____  >  \______  /____(____  /___|  /
                 \/          \/          \/          \/     \/

and

Code: Select all
_________ .__                     __    __________                       
\_   ___ \|  |__   ____   _______/  |_  \______   \ ____   ____   _____ 
/    \  \/|  |  \_/ __ \ /  ___/\   __\  |       _//  _ \ /  _ \ /     \
\     \___|   Y  \  ___/ \___ \  |  |    |    |   (  <_> |  <_> )  Y Y  \
\______  /___|  /\___  >____  > |__|    |____|_  /\____/ \____/|__|_|  /
       \/     \/     \/     \/                 \/                    \/

These were done using the default setup at http://www.network-science.de/ascii/ Cool Depending on your fonts, this could look rather off in the mud version, but it's still pretty cool and simple to do.
There are those who see things for what they are, and ask "What if?"
I see things for what they are yet to become, and ask "Why not?"

Vote for TG: http://www.mudconnect.com/mud-bin/vote_rank.cgi?mud=Tharsis+Gate
Lucid
Apprentice

Postby Aura on Sat Apr 28, 2007 2:16 am

Actually this idea is a lot easier to implement now that we have the new area engine. Anyone can create a room for clan halls. Then you could make guards or just a locked door which the invis object would open. Which is something that even I can code. And then probably just make a chest and steal the code from the gboxes and we're on our way.
Aura
High Wizard

Postby Salius on Thu Jun 07, 2007 4:01 pm

Gearing is one of the most risky uses of time in TG. If not for gearing, most chars would just exp all day long.
Given that we are a limited gear, luck draw, mud; if people want to keep gear for a boot then let them pay some insane cost like the value of each item times one thousand. It doesn't have to be that high, but it should be very limiting.
Salius
Player

Postby Fire on Sun Jul 01, 2007 9:38 am

Why not just have a guard that checks for the sash? We go to the clan hall, show the guard our sash, and he takes us to the clan room of that sash. If someone wants to invade another person's clan, they have to jack their sash and can enter?
No signature yet.
Fire
Player

Postby Dracula on Thu Jan 31, 2008 10:09 am

What if we keep the clan halls simple? make them sorta like guild halls.. a notice board, a stash room and three other rooms, one for each guild, that way u can train at your guild or your clan hall...
Dracula

Postby Salius on Thu Jan 31, 2008 10:44 pm

I think what is holding clans up is the likelihood of certain people hoarding all the exceptional gear. The basic coding would not be an issue.

The Quarite repop was a good start to how unique gear should be tagged. If every unique item (or item above a certain status level) were a timer repop on mobs, there would be a much better chance of getting clan halls put in play. An addition I would like to see though is clan stash is a box that will not accept gear that has been donated to a guild box; rooms should overwrite items every ten minutes or so.

Clan wars would be an interesting development. I am not sure how raiding would be setup, but the raider should have to be full geared and set with an arena tag; thus, if any of the raidee clan were online, they could grab all the gear from the box and run or stand and fight off the attacker (along with their clan guards).

Any thoughts?

:twisted:
Salius
Player

Return to Ideas