unique items

Discussion about any new idea

unique items

Postby Gabriel on Sat Apr 07, 2007 3:18 am

Hello there,
I was thinking, as it is now, with unique items like rota, q gear, unique bracers, tknife, one person- - like myself gets it nearly every time. And even though I feel guilty for hogging sexy gear every time I'm on, I do feel a bit bad about it, but not bad enough to give it away. So what I propose is a system for unique items to instead be rare, and be random as the staff of ginor is on Lini. Sometimes it will be there, soemtimes it won't. That way, more people will enjoy the benefits of sweet gear, and I will probably not be such a unique gear hog.

what ya'll think!?
..:The man-poet who banged France's dark lady of philosophy. The parking lot crusader of truth... who turned his back on his other like a cold-blooded gangsta:..
Gabriel
Player

Re: unique items

Postby Scorpio on Mon Apr 09, 2007 1:29 am

I like that idea, though I'm sure there will be a few gear hogs who aren't as nice as you. Razz

I do think that certain items, like rota, should stay the same. I'm sure everyone likes to at least attempt that race. But other than that, I like the idea. Smile
Take the beautiful sting of a Scorpio
A careless smile and it begins to snow
And it hurts me to think
That you might never know
That I've got this thing about you
Scorpio
Player

Postby Gabriel on Mon Apr 09, 2007 8:08 pm

Yeah, I agree abotu ROTA, and Quarite gear. Perhaps it would only matter with unique bracers,
Im losing my point, gah

*weeps*
..:The man-poet who banged France's dark lady of philosophy. The parking lot crusader of truth... who turned his back on his other like a cold-blooded gangsta:..
Gabriel
Player

Postby Minion on Sun Apr 15, 2007 5:15 pm

There should be more unique items.

1) a pair of leggings that works like the magician, you can 'scry' someone, but after you use it once it has to charge
2) a stone that gives you random guild commands from other guilds, theft and minordamage one day, rain and stab the next
3) a helmet that allows you to see the hp of the mob you are fighting

I had others I was thinking of, an item that would allow you to teleport, then it would have to charge. A cloak that increases your attack power as your hp decreases. These are just ideas, so please don't go in with the "YOU ARE A DUMB FXXX" comments.
Minion
Player

Postby Metallica on Mon Apr 16, 2007 6:51 am

Hey Minion,

Those sound like cool ideas. Especially the scrying ability. I'd just probably change the leggings to a helmet, visor, or spectacles of some sort as it appears scrying has to do more with remote viewing.

To add onto the scrying I think it would be cool to be able to raise a skill, say 'clairvoyance' or something to give us better abilities to scry. The ability of course would come from a quest of some sort. And you can only use it a set amount of times per day, after which you will have used up too much of your energy to use it anymore. You could also raise perception to help with the skill.

This skill/ability could also be applied to your third idea, allowing to see the HP of a mob, which is very cool also. We can do something cool with the item ideas though, such as make it so you can't take the helmet off once it's on:

You wear the helmet of (name)
The helmet's fangs sink into your head and attach themselves to your brain, allowing you ability of clear sight.
"It is said that silence is gold but it is better to say that: it is as incorrect to speak when one
should be silent as it is to be silent when one should speak."
Metallica
Player

Postby Lucid on Mon Apr 16, 2007 6:02 pm

Sort of offtopic in my reply, but there definitely needs to be more leggings and sleeve type armours. And more held in inv type objects that do cool things. I like some of the ideas for new things given.

But for the "You wear the helmet of (name)" thing I'd like it to for us to be able to label our equipment with our own names via some NPC. And in doing this you could: 1) prove that it is your armour. 2) perhaps give greater durability. 3) show off.
There are those who see things for what they are, and ask "What if?"
I see things for what they are yet to become, and ask "Why not?"

Vote for TG: http://www.mudconnect.com/mud-bin/vote_rank.cgi?mud=Tharsis+Gate
Lucid
Apprentice

Postby Minion on Wed Apr 18, 2007 7:16 am

Other ideas:

An object that would eliminate the use of anyone using guild commands while in the room with you when worn/used

An object that would make the person invisible to other players in the room, this one I'm thinking about still, maybe if you move it would say "A shadow moves west" if you have the item and you move west, maybe you should only be invisible if you are stopped in the room, not sure on that one.

An item that lets you view the hp left on a mob you are killing

I don't mean to hijack the thread, but I do see more people building, and if someone gets to a point where they have mastered room building, and mob building, maybe they can create new items and this will give them some ideas?

Doesn't mean they have to be unique items either.
Minion
Player

Postby Minion on Thu Apr 19, 2007 12:01 pm

An item that would allow you to see what other players in the game are wearing, sort of an inventory scry. so to speak. Maybe this could go with the scry helmet/leggings/sleeves or whatever.

I only said leggings/sleeves because we have a lot of helmets already and not many leggings, but I understand the reasoning for making it a helmet.
Minion
Player

Postby Lucid on Fri Apr 20, 2007 12:35 am

Something like that would ruin the game for PK's and people going for gear sets.

I'd rather a 'detect hidden' to see what someone has made hidden on their person while in the room with them.
There are those who see things for what they are, and ask "What if?"
I see things for what they are yet to become, and ask "Why not?"

Vote for TG: http://www.mudconnect.com/mud-bin/vote_rank.cgi?mud=Tharsis+Gate
Lucid
Apprentice

Postby Salius on Thu Jan 03, 2008 8:08 pm

Since people like to hog the unique gear, why not make it all pk only?

Imagine a world full of pks looking to get that oh so shiny gear. Isn't that what Tharsis was suppose to be all about? We know it wasn't suppose to be about RP, because there is none. We know it could have been about escapism, but Zmud killed that. I am pretty sure it must have been about PKs killing each other; cmon, the Wizzies run around killing other wizzies all the time whenever they are unidle... and who better to mimick.

:twisted:
Salius
Player

Return to Ideas