Newbie Box

Discussion about any new idea

Newbie Box

Postby Gabriel on Mon Apr 09, 2007 9:15 pm

Hey hey,

We have a ton of lowbie players on lately, and I get asked over and over and over for gear whenever I'm on. I am very willing to help, but to get called back and forth to get gear, help with this, show me this place ect.. it all gets a bit annoying. What I was thinking would be great for the lowbies would be a lowbie/newbie box, located at or near login, in which players for example only under level 25 could take from. Being that Minion is gone now, and I'm a horrible gear hog, a lot of the low characters seem to depend on me for gear. I would like to be able to put a bunch of stuff in a box for them, and then tell them to check box and leave me alone!!!

What ya think?!
..:The man-poet who banged France's dark lady of philosophy. The parking lot crusader of truth... who turned his back on his other like a cold-blooded gangsta:..
Gabriel
Player

Re: Newbie Box

Postby Lucid on Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:00 am

On the other game.. kekeke!.. you can grab a poster and donate from wherever you are. It goes to the newbie place. You can only donate things of value, and only a max of so many things. That'd help a tonne if you didn't have to be the delivery whore for the person, too. Because to drop your shit, then take the stuff from the mob, then go to box can take multiple trips. So something like that would be sweet.

(misses the olllllllllllld days when we could auction from anywhere.)
There are those who see things for what they are, and ask "What if?"
I see things for what they are yet to become, and ask "Why not?"

Vote for TG: http://www.mudconnect.com/mud-bin/vote_rank.cgi?mud=Tharsis+Gate
Lucid
Apprentice

Postby Fantom on Tue Apr 10, 2007 3:38 pm

I like lucid's "idea" or donation with some limits and done through a minor item.

Lets get him to code it.

Box could w,d from login?
Be nice, there is only one of me.
Fantom
Site Admin

Postby Gabriel on Tue Apr 10, 2007 8:19 pm

Yah mans,
that would be great, w,d from login. That would be so sweet if you could donate from wherever. Cause Lucid is right, when gearing for other people its a big hassle if you do it often. And I sorta feel responsible for gearing up the lowbies before I hit the sheets each night, because if I leave without helping at least several of them out, then everyone just ends up idling and going off line because they have no gear to play with. I don't mind getting gear for people, but its better if its on my own terms. Like, do a round in styl or masadorn, then come back and kill a couple of rose mobs and donate it from the room where their decaying corpses lay; it would be grand I tell you. And then I would be able to control all the gear requests, and stop feeling like a abused gear hooker
..:The man-poet who banged France's dark lady of philosophy. The parking lot crusader of truth... who turned his back on his other like a cold-blooded gangsta:..
Gabriel
Player

Postby Lucid on Tue Apr 10, 2007 11:54 pm

I'll look into it.

Lucid
Apprentice

Postby Aura on Thu Apr 12, 2007 2:44 am

Change of pace for this topic- For a while now I've been wanting to build a desert area. I'm going to build it after I'm done my current projects. I've been discussing with pikachu/mojojojo ideas for the area. I'd like to make it quite large and in this area there will be places to exp but also a bunch of quests and a number of mobs with gear. Some of this gear I want to aim towards the "lowbie" level players so that it would be something that they could get on their own and would have the same benefits of gear that players like gabriel can get, although not as great.
A couple of ideas I had were:
- creating gear that regens hp like rose does, although maybe at a 1/4 of the rate. The mobs who have this gear could be killed by players that are level 10-30 range so that it covers that void of people that aren't able to get rose gear by themself yet.
- creating sets of gear that boost stats only when the entire set is worn. Same idea that the lowbie level players would be able to get this gear themselves. To discourage higher players from hoarding this gear I thought of coding level checks on the gear (hp regen and skill boosters) so that if you are above say level 30, you are unable to wear the gear.

For those that have wiztwiki access, I've posted more in depth on this area on the builderweb.
Aura
High Wizard

Postby Lucid on Thu Apr 12, 2007 8:25 am

I'm 100% in favour of gear sets. Not so much level checks. Not that I don't think it would be okay.

Lucid
Apprentice

Postby Aura on Thu Apr 12, 2007 11:40 am

Say gear X boosts one of every stat, the mob is something that is killable by a level 20-30. That takes pikachu we'll say what, one lightning? or you one ksleep and one backstab? I'm clearly exaggerating but for that minimal amount of effort, I'd easily get that gear first before I went to go gear up with other stuff. That's the reason for a level check. Make the gear desirable but also make it so it's just for the lowbies.
Aura
High Wizard

Postby Gabriel on Fri Apr 13, 2007 9:15 pm

Great idears Kates
Do it up. I think that would be so great, seeing all those little chars running around helping each other gear up , maybe even going for rose gear after they got thiers. Great ideas, same with the stat gear.
Badabing
Gabriel
Player

Postby Salius on Thu Jun 07, 2007 2:20 pm

As much as katie's lowbie rose seems interesting, newbie box would best work with a new channel item that lets us see requests from players (same as auction only we get to do something like donate all unkept and send it all to the newbie box)... and then the newbie box be set in a room with lvl restriction.

This would probably be abused by multilogs, but risk to reward seems high.

Cool
Salius
Player

Next

Return to Ideas