Races

Anything anyone wants to chat about, not necessarily mud related.

Races

Postby Fire on Mon Sep 10, 2007 4:18 pm

Perhaps races can get more advantages/disadvantages? Like ogres can hit harder than humans. (for example, if an ogre has 40 edge with a bonus of 80, it will hit harder than a human with the same skills) Gnomes or dwarves or anything short have less accuracy to hit things. Since ogres shamble out/in the room, can humans walk? Or stroll? Gnomes can hussel?
No signature yet.
Fire
Player

Re: Races

Postby Fantom on Mon Sep 10, 2007 4:32 pm

Little Johnny: Hey fellaz, lookit the dwarf... we just totally pwned that ogre so I'm going to challenge him to single combat to the death.

Alas poor Johnny, we knew him well - what a dumb shit.

We've already got a strength stat - lets continue to use it.

Seeing in the dark and stuff would be a possibility though.
Be nice, there is only one of me.
Fantom
Site Admin

Postby Lucid on Fri Oct 05, 2007 6:43 am

The only racial trait I can think of that we have already is movement messages. Ogres shamble, everyone else are plain-Jane.
There are those who see things for what they are, and ask "What if?"
I see things for what they are yet to become, and ask "Why not?"

Vote for TG: http://www.mudconnect.com/mud-bin/vote_rank.cgi?mud=Tharsis+Gate
Lucid
Apprentice

Postby Fantom on Mon Oct 08, 2007 10:57 am

Yes - ogres shamble - and that was really just experimentation more than anything else.
Be nice, there is only one of me.
Fantom
Site Admin

Postby Salius on Thu Nov 22, 2007 6:45 am

I could see ogres being better at wading through water areas--maybe add special break rooms with a timer for moving through.

If simple addins are what you are looking for how about some race specific commands:
Ogres get club bash, gnomes get tinker (make little toys), elves get faerie magic (something silly like that), goblins get something like poison dart (work like a stinger), dwarves get recover (drinking man's friend), orcs get famish (gourger's friends)--they are half pigs--, then give humans nothing because they chose to walk the middle road (maybe a special shop area).

Most of those are genre ripoffs, but it would be interesting to see who would change races for the extras.
:mrgreen:
Salius
Player

day and night

Postby Dracula on Sat Mar 01, 2008 8:01 am

I think it would be nice to see a sun rise and sun set in T/G once in a while. maybe it could work with the command "uptime"...just a thought
Dracula

Return to Off topic